Creamy Mushroom Pappardelle
- 10'Prep time
- 30'Total time
Heat a pan of water to boiling and add the pasta. Cook for 12 - 15 minutes or as per pack instructions. Meanwhile, gently melt the butter and add the garlic and thyme and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the mushrooms and cook until the juices are running. Stir in the Philadelphia and warm over a low heat until it melts. Sprinkle over half the parmesan, half the parsley and black pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
Keep on a low heat until the pasta is cooked. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix well, until coated. Top with the rest of the parmesan and parsley.
- 200 g dried Pappardelle (or tagliatelle)
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme, woody stems removed
- 250 g mushrooms (try a selection of button, brown cap Portobello), sliced
- 60 g Philadelphia Light
- 30 g grated parmesan
- 15 g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Delicious with rocket leaves or French beans.
- Balance your food choices so you and your family and friends can enjoy a serving of this rich recipe as an occasional treat.